Ruth Oshikanlu has been appointed as a Member of the Order of the British Empire (MBE) in the New Year 2019 Honours List: Ambassador for the Health Visiting Profession, For services to Community Nursing, Children and Families.
Ruth Oshikanlu is a parenting expert, Queen’s nurse, midwife and health visitor with over 22 years experience. Ruth’s parenting centres on beginning the bonding process in the womb. Miss Oshikanlu is the author of Tune In To Your Baby: Because Babies Don’t Come with An Instruction Manual; and has developed the Tune In To Your Baby™ approach – a holistic parenting programme that equips you to harness the power of your mind along with connecting with your baby in utero to get the desired outcome of becoming a happy and connected mother of a happy and connected baby. She enables pregnant women to have a stress-free pregnancy, become serene and soulful as they grow a happy soul within them. She also equips mothers with a template that they use for the rest of their parenting journey.
Ruth has a passion for working with marginalised groups to reduce health inequalities and has in past roles supported patients and clients with sickle cell disease, HIV, pregnant teenagers and teenage parents, and young people with substance misuse and emotional health and wellbeing problems. She currently runs a private practice in Harley Street supporting women who have had assisted conception or have experienced previous pregnancy loss, having almost lost her baby in pregnancy too.
Ruth Oshikanlu is also the founding director of Goal Mind, a coaching consultancy that specialises in improving personal performance at work by uncovering employee motivations. Ruth is proactive and supports nurses and other healthcare professionals in delivering excellent care through training, coaching and mentoring and runs masterminding groups for health professionals from black and minority ethnic (BME) groups.
Ruth’s work has earned her numerous health and business awards including:
- Fellow of The Royal College of Nursing
- Fellow of The Institute of Health Visiting
- The Queen’s Nursing Institute’s Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother Award for Outstanding Service to Community Nursing
- Recognition Award – Nigerian Nurses Association UK (June 2017)
- Recognition Award – Women4Africa 2017 Awards (May 2017)
- The Nigerian Achievers Awards – Outstanding Entrepreneur Award
- Named on The Nursing Times Leaders List in 2015
- Named on The HSJ BME Pioneer List in 2014
Notes to editors:
- Ruth Oshikanlu MBE, Queen’s Nurse, Fellow of The Institute of Health Visiting, Fellow of The Royal College of Nursing, Author, Speaker and Creator of Tune In To Your Baby™
- Ruth is on a mission to equip one million pregnant women with the tools and strategies to grow and raise happy babies from pregnancy through to toddlerhood without losing their happiness and connectedness.
- Employing a 2-tongued approach, Ruth works directly with women from conception through to toddlerhood. She also supports healthcare professionals that support women from the perinatal period through the preschool years.
- Ruth Oshikanlu has been conferred with 12 awards (including two from The Queen) for the work she does.
- For more information contact Ruth via Contact page or follow Ruth Oshikanlu on Twitter @RuthOshikanlu or LinkedIn